Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Monday Tooth

So Jan. 21st, my oldest child became front toothless. Pizza was the culprit. We'd tried everything, as this tooth was becoming bubba tooth and sticking out over this lip when his mouth was closed. Now, when he says the word fastest--actually, any words with S's are just hilarious. We were at Chuck E Cheese, hanging out with the wonderful woman who does craft/story hour at our local Christian bookstore. She has 4 boys, her youngest is my oldest age.
This past weekend, we went to a birthday party of a homeschool friend. He turned the big 0-5. Happy birthday, K! My sis was also in town for her final wedding dress fitting. What a beautiful dress. We had a good time romping around the mall, just catching up.

Backing up to last weekend (Jan. 12th), our furnace finally kicked the bucket. Our 1983 baby needed to say good-bye. We now have an efficient, younger baby, which will be paid off in 10 months. I have to give a whoop whoop to Leechmans Service Legends. They have great service, and I'm not afraid of having them in my home when I'm alone with the kids. We even got a plant from them yesterday!

While on the subject of this particular weekend, my sis-in-law turned the big 3-0 on the 10th. My long-time good friend, B also turned 3-0 on the 16th. My turn will be on Feb. 10th. I just have to reflect for a moment. It's incredible that we can't fall back on the irresponsible 20's anymore. I feel like I'm entering a time of truly growing up. No more resting back on how my parents messed me up, or such and such happened to me. I AM IN CHARGE OF MY REACTION TO THINGS. I had to caps that just for my own remembrance. This has not been a good mommy week for me. I have relied more on my yelling capabilities. I plan to get up before the kids to have time to myself and read the Bible. There is a Proverb that hit me. I am going to memorize and recite to the kids when things get crazy around here. If you haven't tried it, you should. It's funny when mommy responds with something that makes them think:

Proverbs 1: 7-9....7 Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.
8 My child, listen when your father corrects you. Don’t neglect your mother’s instruction.
9 What you learn from them will crown you with grace and be a chain of honor around your neck.

And that's all I have to say about that! We're off to our story/craft hour today, Wellspring Wednesday. It will be a lovely day.

1 comment:

juliecache said...

Embrace being 30. 29 is such a "fake age," like all the ages that end with "9." People ask the same questions of you, no matter what digit is before the 9.