Monday, March 12, 2007

I love my friends!

Where would we be without friends? There is a special friend that I go on "girly" dates with, and tonight happened to be our night to go. It doesn't matter how busy life gets, we schedule at least one night a month to see a movie and go to Starbucks (don't tell the other shops). Tonight was "Norbit," we really wanted to see Blades of Glory (with Will Ferrell), but found out it doesn't come out until March 30. Boo-hoo. On a scale of one to ten, I'd give Norbit a five. Some funny parts, but maybe it was Eddie Murphy overkill, or bad writing. It is just lovely to sit and talk, play a game, catch up. God is so good to give us friends.
So tomorrow is supposed to be killer (in a good way) weather, and I'm planning on taking the kids to the zoo. A nice "field trip." Getting ready for our Omaha trip--less than 2 weeks away. I love travelling. All things leading up to travelling, bad. Getting there, good. Not growing up in a large family, I have learned (still learning) how to pack. Did my mom always do this for me? Is it my only/oldest child freaky-ness that, 10 minutes down the road I start in with: "Did you remember their shoes, and did I remember underwear?" This will go on for about 5 minutes, until hubby says, "if we don't have it, we'll buy it." And sometimes still, an hour down the road, "did you remember the camera?" Sheesh, what's wrong with me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm lucky to have you as a friend, Angelita Bonita Mijita!!!! Norbit was only funny 'cause I saw it with you, BUT BLADES OF GLORY WILL KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!! I love our dates!! When I get back from vacation I'll call and we'll schedule it. Did you have fun at the zoo? Love you, monkey-butt!
~Krista

Krista's Cosmetics said...

Hey Angie!
BLADES OF GLORY IS NOW PLAYING AT A THEATRE NEAR US!!!! NOTICE HOW I USED THE EVER ELUSIVE BRITISH SPELLING OF "THEATER". IT SOUNDS MORE SOPHISTICATED AND WHATNOT. Anyway! Call me and we'll figure it out. "My lumps.......my lovely lady humps.......check it out!!!"

Recovering said...

Angie - Nice to see you blogging...saw your comment on Hal's website.

-An Old Friend

Krista's Cosmetics said...

I had so much fun the other night with you at "Blades of Glory" and at Star-biz-ucks!!! Remember, it smelled like blood, $h!t, and the devil's a$$. Yep. Looking forward to our next excursion. It will be fun.