Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It Feels Like Fall

Fall has come early this year. This morning, the kids and I read a book by the fire. Mind you, it doesn't take extreme cold to urge me to turn the fire on. I already had it going a week ago. While reading, I exclaimed, "Look kids, the leaves are falling!" I don't love the cold, but I do love the changing of seasons. Son #2 then said, "That means it's my birthday!"

There is so much to do, with the obvious daily chore of cleaning the house, trying to create a meal plan that everyone will be happy with, 2 boys in soccer, Awanas, and one in scouts. I do like being busy for a season. I'm glad there is an ebb and flow to it, though. Summer and winter are usually our non-busy times.

I have a son that wants to be in everything: dance, tennis, bowling, soccer, you name it. Then, a boy who is happy being in nothing at all. It's a given that they are in Awanas, as we teach it! We did start last week, by the way. It went very well. We have more kids this year, but at least I feel like I know what I'm doing!

I realized, recently, that I haven't filled out my CPI yet! Oops. I'm going to truck on over there today, so that we're legally homeschooling. I guess I'd better get on that. Sorry for the short post. I'll have more later!

No comments: