Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's 9/11, and I'm still uneasy

I have been up way too late studying up on my terrorist knowledge. I believe I've become a bit paranoid since having children. No one would have believed that 9/11 would ever happen. To America, no less. After all, who would attack America? Here is some history and some current events. Use them as you will. March 2007: threat that terrorists may hijack buses in the U.S. We are told they are still the safest mode of transportation for millions of American children. Sept. 2004, Russian school attacked by Islamic terrorists, 334 students killed: I won't give you the details. Sept. 2001, World Trade Center attacked by Islamic terrorists. A trend, perhaps? Now onto current events: In the Austin/Houston area there are 20-some buses that have disappeared. Aaaaaaah! Is this an every 3 year event? And is America next, again?

Thank you, Lord that our kids are not in school. I say a prayer for every child in every school.
Surely we cannot be blind again. Thank you to my dh who loves talk radio and fills me in on the important stuff. Even if it keeps me up until 2:30am.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I've got you beat. It is 3:00am and I can't sleep.

Anonymous said...

Ooh girl, you freak me out!

I love 2 Timothy 1:7, "For God has not given me a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, power, and a sound mind." Truly if my God is for me, WHO can be against me.

Keep your head held high, dwell on happy thoughts! :D Remember, He has plans to prosper us, not to harm us...to give us hope in our final outcome :)

<3 Have a beautiful week!
Adam

Wheelchair Mama said...

Thank you, Adam, for reminding me of my promise. My next post will be more uplifting!